On Wednesday, Integrated Healthcare Association announced its list of California's top performing medical groups for 2009, based its statewide pay-for-performance program measures, Payers & Providers reports.
The seven health plans that participate in IHA's pay-for-performance program awarded a total of $52 million in incentive payments to the top performing medical groups in 2009 (Payers & Providers, 9/23).
IHA's awards were based on four pay-for-performance measurement categories:
- Clinical quality;
- Coordinated diabetes care;
- Information technology-enabled systems; and
- Patient experience (IHA release, 9/22).
Of the 219 medical groups evaluated by IHA, 45 received top ratings, which is one less than in the previous year's evaluation. The list of top performers for 2009 includes many of the same medical groups featured in the previous year's list.
A full list of IHA's top performing medical groups is available on IHA's website.
IHA also named seven medical groups in its "most improved" category, including:
- Bright Physicians;
- Encompass Medical Group;
- Hill Physicians Medical Group, Bay Region;
- Hill Physicians Medical Group, Sacramento Region;
- San Bernardino Medical Group;
- St. Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians; and
- Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (Payers & Providers, 9/23).