The Integrated Healthcare Association has released a list of the top-performing and most-improved physician groups in California as part of a pay-for-performance initiative, Payers & Providers reports.
IHA included a total of 47 medical groups on the list, or about 25% of groups that participate in the initiative.
Under the pay-for-performance initiative, physician groups are eligible for incentive payments from seven participating health insurers. According to IHA, incentive payments this year are expected to reach about $40 million.
About the List
IHA selected the physician groups based on criteria for meaningful use of health information technology and patients' overall care experience.
It also assessed clinical quality measures for various topics, including:
- Preventive; and
- Respiratory health.
The list includes several physician groups that have been cited as top performers by IHA in previous years, such as:
- Brown & Toland Physicians;
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Group;
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation;
- Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group; and
- Sutter Medical Group.
Groups cited by IHA this year that are new to the list include:
- MemorialCare Medical Group;
- Monarch Healthcare; and
- Primary Care Associates Medical Group (Payers & Providers, 9/27).
IHA selected eight groups as the most-improved physician groups:
- Arch Health Partners;
- Cedars-Sinai Health Associates;
- Central Valley Medical Group;
- Children’s Physicians Medical Group;
- Southern California Permanente Medical Group;
- St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group;
- The Permanente Medical Group; and
- Woodland Healthcare (IHA release, 9/20).